A registered Professional Engineer with strong mechanical engineering background and 28+ years’ experience in engineering & maintenance, engineering design, construction and O&M of Coal Fired Power Plant, Combined Cycle Power Plant as well as Petrochemical Plant. Work experience encompasses engineering design, construction, commissioning, testing as well as operations and maintenance of thermal and gas fired power plants. Skilled and experienced in design codes such as ASME Codes and Standard. Versatile experience in engineering and maintenance services in the industry including operational aspects such as Hazard and Operability Analysis (HAZOP), Operational Safety, Engineering Risk Assessment as well as Legal Compliances.
Areas of Expertise
· Coal Fired Power Plant
· Combined Cycle Power Plant
· Petrochemical Process Plant
· Engineering Design
· Boiler Engineering
· Steam Engineer Grade 1 (DOSH)
· Operation & Maintenance
· Eng. Codes & Standards
· Quality Management System
· Lean Six Sigma
· Safety /Reliability Assurance
· Risk Based Inspection
· Engineering Risk Assessment
· Hazard & Operability (HAZOP)
· Project Engineering/Mgmt.
List the previous tasks shat showcase your experiences
List your previous work experiences, as freelancer or employee
Add work experience to your profile. (optional)
• Managed safe and reliable operation of 3 units of Utility Boilers as well as overall plant Operational Safety.
• Designed & conducted Practical Based Training Program in the subject of Mechanical Engineering (Static/Rotating), Boiler Competency Training (Certification), Plants Operation & Maintenance, Competency Based Training, and OJT for Multi-Tasking Program.
• Achieved Best Awards for Utility Boilers Operations for Petronas Malaysia.
• Developed and got certified 2 personnel competent as Steam Engineer Grade 1, 4 personnel competent as Steam Engineer Grade 2, and 8 personnel as Boiler Drivers Grade 1 & 2.
• Nov’04 – July’08 Lead Engineer (Boiler) 2,100MW Tanjung Bin Coal Fired Power Plant Project
• Aug’08 – Jun’12 Head of Maintenance & Engineering for Tanjung Bin Coal Fired Power Plant
• Jul’12 – Jun’15 Head of Engineering & Technical Services (Corporate)
• July’15 – Jun ’18 Head of Project Management & Business Process Improvement
• Acted as Lead Engineer (Boiler) and perform engineering review as Owner’s Engineer for 3 units of 2,200 Ton per hour steam production Coal Fired Boiler (IHI, Japan).
• Ensure that the design aspects of the coal fired boilers meet the Contractual Technical Specifications, appropriate design codes and standards, applicable laws and regulations as well as statutory requirements.
• Supervise and responsible for construction quality control during the construction of coal fired boilers.
• Direct, coordinate and manage company’s Engineering/Technical services division for maintenance & project work support.
• Provide primary leadership to all technical and execution aspects of engineering, operation & maintenance.
• Handle projects including requirement analysis, finalization of technical specifications & setting up of components, design, review, control, implementation, and documentation of equipment design changes, vendor management, onsite supervision, testing, commissioning & trial runs.
• Manage/oversee coordination with other Engineering departments to maximize financial returns; achieve optimum performance in all areas, and resolve problems both within the Division and Operations Department and at plant sites.
• Manage/oversee plant maintenance (preventive/corrective), shutdown and turnaround programs to both support and meet Company performance standards.
• Monitor observance of periodic in house maintenance schedules; follow up OEM maintenance/overhauling contracts.
• Enforce Safety Rules, EHS &OHSAS standards, and ensure compliance thereof through.
• Prepare budgets and track expenditure vs. budget, and implement cost control measures as appropriate.
• Improve standard plant operating procedures, casualty control procedures and control room practices to accepted industry standards and ensure that the plant is operated in compliance with best engineering practices.
• Participate in Recruitment, Training and Development of engineering staff.
• Achieved Commercial Operation Date (COD) of Tanjung Bin Coal Fired Power Plant as per approved schedule.
• Achieved safe and reliable boilers operation while meeting the contractual performance criteria.
• Saved >USD 5M during Tanjung Bin Boilers replacement of Hot Reheat Headers through strategic procurement approach.
• Delivered annual cost saving of >USD 2.5M through implementation of Strategic Sourcing (E-Procurement Platform).
• Successfully deployed Lean Six Sigma program for the company from year 2015.
• Accomplihed All scheduled shutdowns within the approved timeline and budgets, and without LTI.
• Successfully established Risk Based Inspection methodology for Tanjung Bin PP, resulting in annual saving of >USD 1.25M.
• Managed to prevent from catastropic failure of Boiler Hot Reheat Pipe from Creep-Fatigue crack propagation through implementation of Microscopic Examination Crack Monitoring Technique.
List your certifications and/or special recognitions
Add work certification to your profile. (optional)
List your diploma, degree, PhD, and your other studies
Add work education to your profile. (optional)
We will review the reports from both freelancer and employer to give the best decision. It will take 3-5 business days for reviewing after receiving two reports.